The decaffeination process for this coffee is unique. The caffeine is extracted from the coffee using a natural by-product of sugarcane and water. This process avoids excessive temperatures used in other decaffeination processes and leaves the coffee with enhanced sweetness, which roasts and tastes much more like the original caffeinated coffee. The significant advantage of this process, outside of the flavour profile, is that is was developed and completed in Colombia. This allows for the verticalization of the supply chain without the extra costs of shipping the coffee to decaffeination plants in Mexico, Canada or Germany, and the profits stay with the farmers and country of origin.
• Roast: Medium (espresso coffee)
• Region: Cauca
• Varietal: Castillo, Variedad and Colombia
• Altitude: 1700 MASL
• Producer: Various small lot holders
• Process Method: Sugarcane
• Profile: Bright acidity, orange peel and caramel